[AP-UTILS] how do i connect to the AP?

Roman Festchook ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:36:12 +0300

On óÅÒ 05 þÅÒ 2002 21:20, Thomas wrote:
> hello.  i am considering buying a linksys wireless access point, and found
> this software, but i have a few questions about how it works, that i
> couldnt find answers to in the docs.  My basic situation is, i would like
> to add a wireless net on top of my home wired lan.  I have access to
> windows machines with usb ports, and i am assuming that i could (if all
> else fails) configure my access point from one of those machines via usb,
> and then plug it into my wired hub, and itll work.
>
> However, i would like to be able to maintain it from any linux machine on
> my net at a later date (if i decide i need to change some settings, or
> whatever), so my question is, can i use your software to configure the
> access point over the lan, as opposed to configuring it over a usb port?
Yes, ap-atmel has all functionality from corresponding windoze utility with
some additional features, you also may use it for first config you AP (as USB
util) with default password and ip address, just add default AP network to
you eth interface on linux box and connect.

> sorry if this is a silly question, but i couldnt find the answer to it
> anywhere else.
It's no problem. If you have additional questions - ask.
Have Fun!:)

--
Roman Festchook
Network Engineer