[AP-UTILS] how do i connect to the AP?

Thomas ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:20:18 -0500

hello.  i am considering buying a linksys wireless access point, and found
this software, but i have a few questions about how it works, that i couldnt
find answers to in the docs.  My basic situation is, i would like to add a
wireless net on top of my home wired lan.  I have access to windows machines
with usb ports, and i am assuming that i could (if all else fails) configure
my access point from one of those machines via usb, and then plug it into my
wired hub, and itll work.

However, i would like to be able to maintain it from any linux machine on my
net at a later date (if i decide i need to change some settings, or
whatever), so my question is, can i use your software to configure the access
point over the lan, as opposed to configuring it over a usb port?

sorry if this is a silly question, but i couldnt find the answer to it
anywhere else.

thanks
thomas
spiralman@softhome.net