[AP-UTILS] ap-utils on macosx

Roman Festchook ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 13:11:16 +0300

On ๐ัิ 06 ๗ลา 2002 11:07, Richard McDougall wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> I've been looking at ap-utils on Macos-X. It seems there may be an
> endian issue. I added "Power Macintosh" to the uname -m check in
> configure, and built the package with AP_BIG_ENDIAN set, and this fixed
> the reporting of statistics from the access point. However, the
> configuration options seem to also have an endian issue. If I set the IP
> address to 192.9.186.2 it is read back as 2.186.9.192. There doesn't
> seem to be any swap4 macros in the configuration code.
>
> Do you know if big-endian has ever been  fully tested, and if there are
> any known issues as I'm seeing?
No big-endian not fully tested because I dosnt have such computers. In the
latest tarball at
http://ap-utils.polesye.net/files/ap-utils-1.0.5-020906.tar.bz2 I fix ip
address displaying in both utilitest, please test, also please test
FragmentationTreshold and RTSTreshold values on your computer. Also "Power
Macintosh" now define AP_BIG_ENDIAN in configure script.

--
Roman Festchook
Network Engineer