[AP-UTILS] Unable to get data from AP

Roman Festchook ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 14:05:52 +0300

On þÅÔ 13 þÅÒ 2002 13:55, Michael Renner wrote:
> Moin,
> I just installed ap-utils-1.0. When I start ap-atmel to access
> my Netgear ME 102 I got a 'Unable to get data from AP'
> from ap-atmel.
> I gave the right IP Adress in the configuration menu, for
> the password I just pressed 'Enter' due I never gave a
> passwort to the AP.
To access SNMP agent you must enter community/password like when using windows
SNMP utility.

> The AP work fine, but ap-atmel can not connect it, it even
> findes no AP by searching for APs. But when I watch tcpdump
> while ap-atmel is searching for APs I saw:
> cassiopeia:/root # tcpdump -i eth0 | grep wlan
> tcpdump: listening on eth0
> 12:51:44.496723 wlan.mtr.local.snmp > cassiopeia.mtr.local.3796:
> GetResponse(37)  E:410.1.1.1.1.0="Acce"
> where 'wlan' is my AP, cassiopeia is the machine where
> ap-atmel is startet from.
> But ap-atmel response with " No Access Points found."
Do you AP work in client mode? I found that with some configuration of PC
AP-search can't find APs in client mode, but from another linux PC all AP
found, I dont research why but I think it depends to linux box configuration.

--
Roman Festchook
Network Engineer