[AP-UTILS] Unable to get data from AP

Michael Renner ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:55:09 +0200

Moin,
I just installed ap-utils-1.0. When I start ap-atmel to access
my Netgear ME 102 I got a 'Unable to get data from AP'
from ap-atmel.
I gave the right IP Adress in the configuration menu, for
the password I just pressed 'Enter' due I never gave a
passwort to the AP.
The AP work fine, but ap-atmel can not connect it, it even
findes no AP by searching for APs. But when I watch tcpdump
while ap-atmel is searching for APs I saw:
cassiopeia:/root # tcpdump -i eth0 | grep wlan
tcpdump: listening on eth0
12:51:44.496723 wlan.mtr.local.snmp > cassiopeia.mtr.local.3796:
GetResponse(37)  E:410.1.1.1.1.0="Acce"
where 'wlan' is my AP, cassiopeia is the machine where
ap-atmel is startet from.
But ap-atmel response with " No Access Points found."

Any hints?
--

|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner@gmx.de  |
|D-72072 Tuebingen   Germany                        |