[ap-utils] AP strangeness

John Coppens info at jcoppens.com
Mon Jan 24 21:45:11 EET 2005

Hi Jan.

Did that - interesting. I didn't see an exact time frame for 'arp ping' to
'icmp ping'. If the interval is rather large ('tens of seconds'), that
could explain the problem. I'd passed this 'arp trick' on (I believe)
Cisco AP specs, but didn't think it applied to the Atmel chip.

The unit identifies as '802.11 AP (Ver. 0.0.1.16)' which doesn't fit in
the version numbering scheme of Intersil/RFMD mentioned in the TFTP info.
The chip is RF3000, which seems to RFMD though.

On CNet's webpage there is no firmware (not even a copy of the actual
version) for the CNAP711 AP. And CNet doesn't reply to e-mails either.

Thanks
John