[ap-utils] ap-utils 1.5pre2

Roman Festchook roma at polesye.net
Sun Jan 16 03:04:21 EET 2005

New development release of ap-utils 1.5pre2 with major new features released
and can be downloaded from our homepage.

Changes from ap-utils-1.5pre1_FreedomOfUkraine => ap-utils-1.5pre2
    * fixed huge number of bugs and bad assumptions in all utilities
    * fixed ATMEL12350 MIB support for all utilities
    * introduced new functionality for:
          o APclient-side RSSI statistics & AP link info
          o AP-side RSSI (& LQ if available) information
          o 802.1X (ATMEL12350 MIB with EZYNET ext.)
          o Radius auth (ATMEL410 MIB with SBRIDGES ext.)
          o possibility to read & modify OEM settings (using 'S' key in
'Configuration' menu)
          o AP MIB type autodetection for ap-mrtg, ap-auth and ap-trapd
    * support for HOME, END, PGDN, PGUP keys for places where listing
functionality is employed
    * free-of-charge firmware bugfix & functionality available for certain
kinds of ATMEL+RFMD devices - see README about details!!!
    * ap-tftp utility to upgrade firmware in both ATMEL+RFMD-based as well as
ATMEL+INTERSIL-based APs (read manpage)!!!
    * for detailed description of changes see ChangeLog
    * ap-rrd: added utility to store stats from AP into RRD database

Message from Jan Rafaj (ap-utils co-developer):

Note to SmartBridges PTE: you could have nice support in ap-utils at cost of
sending me one APPO sample. Since I actually have no sample to test & verify
on, all my support for airPoints is on blind or 'someones trial and error
report' basis. You should really support OSS developers better way. Info
about how to reliably load airPoint PRO firmware to non-SB brand devices,
based on the same HW ref. design, would of course help too.

NOTE TO ALL USERS: IF YOU HAVE SMARTBRIDGES airPoint PRO (indoor or outdoor)
AND WANT BETTER AP-UTILS SUPPORT, YOU CAN SEND ME ONE SAMPLE OF THIS DEVICE.
OTHERWISE THERE WILL APPARENTLY BE _INCOMPLETE_ SUPPORT EVEN IN FUTURE! THE
LAST APPO I I'VE SEEN IN BAZAAR THAT I WAS PLANNING TO GET IN ORDER TO
IMPROVE SUPPORT IN AP-UTILS, HAS BEEN JUST SOLD OUT, SO MY PLANS ARE GONE.
I'M NOT WILLING TO PAY LIKE $350 FOR ONE SAMPLE JUST TO SUPPORT THE WORLD. SO
UNTIL SOMEONE SUPPORTS ME WITH SAMPLE DEVICE TO TEST ON, MY SUPPORT FOR
SmartBridges APPO in AP-UTILS IS _OVER_ (and this round of patches is
apparently the last effort to improve support in this area). I'LL ALSO ACCEPT
ANY DEVICE THAT USES THE SAME FIRMWARE / MIB AS SMARTBRIDGES airPoint PRO.

You can contact me about the subjects above via e-mail at .

* Download:
http://ap-utils.polesye.net/download.php?version=1.5pre2
* Homepage:
http://ap-utils.polesye.net/