[ap-utils] interesting discarded messages [2]

Roman Festchook roma at polesye.net
Sun Jan 16 01:22:29 EET 2005

some messages that discarded by maillist server by some reasons - but I think
messages may has interest for list subscribers:

ap-config acting strange?
From: John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com>
To: ap-utils at lists.polesye.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:35:28 -0300
Hello people.

I have an rt2500 based card (say with MAC 'DE') configured as Ad-Hoc.
On the other side I have an ATMEL 12350 based AP, with MAC 'CC'.

On the ap-utils info screen at the AP side of things, the rt2500 card
appears as:

  1) MAC 'CC' (the MAC of the AP!)
  2) Ad-Hoc (correct)
  3) As a known AP (while it is only a normal client)

on ifconfig of the rt2500, the MAC is signalled as 'DE' - correct.

I have no idea what's going on. The rt2500 card (from CNET) has been
acting strange. It appears to be running SmartBridges firmware, version
1.16, but eg., ifconfig shows the ESSID only if a connection is active,
and seems to show the MODE of the connected station, not its own (probably
the same thing happes with the ESSID).

All looks as if the firmware of the card is mixed up.

Help!

John

ap-utils Version 1.4.1

--