[ap-utils] DWL-900AP as client to another AP?

Roman Festchook roma at polesye.net
Fri Jan 16 20:52:36 EET 2004

ðÑÔ 16 ó¦Þ 2004 19:33 ÷É ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌÉ:
> On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 01:21, Roman Festchook wrote:
> > Not sure about DWL-900ap but as I know standart firmware with ATMEL410
> > devices doesnt allow this AP to work with Orinoco devices.
>
> My other AP is a Dlink 614+ which ap-config identifies as an
> "ATMEL12350" but for which the reply is slow. Ordinarily this device is
> administered through HTTP but it seems that there are some limited SMTP
> capabilities (or ap-config does not interpret the timeout when initial
> connection is made.) All other queries result in a timeout.
If ap-utils cant recognize AP it get default type ATMEL12350, probably your AP
(Dlink 614+) doesnt supported by ap-utils

> > Try to connect without WEP in both APs.
>
> Done and I have confirmed that the 614+ has WEP turned off by examining
> the 'Known AP' page on ap-config. It reports the following:
>
> # ESSID           BSSID (MAC)  CN NetworkType    P WEP RSSI   LQ
> 1 my_ap           004005C71232  6 Infrastructure L Off  90%  80%
>
> # ESSID           BSSID (MAC)  CN NetworkType    P WEP RSSI   LQ
> 1 my_ap           004005C71232  6 Infrastructure L Off  -60    8
>

> # ESSID                            BSSID (MAC)  CN P WEP RSSI LQ
> 1 my_ap                            004005C71232  6 L Off  36   8
>

> # BSSID (MAC)  Manufacturer OUI
> 1 004005C71232 ANI COMMUNICATIONS INC.
>
> The "Wireless statistics" are:
> UnicastPacketsTx            0 UnicastPacketsRx            0
> BroadcastPacketsTx          0 BroadcastPacketsRx        652
> MulticastPacketsTx          0 MulticastPacketsRx          0
> BeaconTx                    0 BeaconRx                  632
> ACKTx                       0 ACKRx                       0
> RTSTx                       0 RTSRx                       0
> CTSTx                       0 CTSRx                       0
> ACKFailure                  0
> CTSFailure                  0
> RetryPackets                0
> ReceivedDuplicate           0
> FailedPackets               0
> AgedPackets                 0
> FCSError                  168
> InvalidPLCP                55
So your DWL-900AP receive beacon packets from AP and doesnt try to connect to
it - it doesnt  send UnicastPackets to master AP...

> It seems that the DWL-900AP recognizes the DI-914+ as an AP but the
> DI-914+ never lists the DW-900AP as a client.
seems DW-900AP dont try to connect:((

--
Roman Festchook
Network Engineer