[ap-utils] RSSI/LQ

Homer Parker hparker at pcsrvc.com
Fri Feb 27 20:20:24 EET 2004

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:25:28 +0200
Ivan Korshun <ivan at vector.kharkov.ua> wrote:

> > On Friday 27 February 2004 05:06, Homer Parker wrote:
> > > I'm seeing quite a bit of difference between the RSSI/LQ in ap-utils
> > > and that shown in simpleMonitor that comes with the smartBridges
> > > APPO. The stats show in ap-utils is quite a bit higher. IE:
> > >
> > > ap-utils      LQ      RSSI
> > > 1 0050FCA5794E        82%     -84dBm
> > >
> > > simplemonitor
> > > 1 0050FCA5794E        60%     27%(-72dBm)
>
> -72dBm => Incorrectly !!!
>
> It is old problem smartBridges  ...

	Ok, so you're telling me that this link has an 82% LQ, and only -84 RSSI?
That kinda sux :(

---
Homer Parker

LAN/WAN, Wireless Networking, PC Sales/Service
Linux, OS/2 and Windows Support

PC Services		785.483.7602
129 W 8th #101		hparker at pcsrvc.com
Russell, KS 67665	http://www.pcsrvc.com

"So for the IT Manager Role, you want someone who's absolute crap, looks
reasonable on paper, and won't cause too much trouble. ...  Well I don't
have any MCSEs on my books at the moment, but I could call around."
 -- Simon Travaglia