[ap-utils] Can't set multicast membership to socket

Roman Festchook ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 00:31:37 +0200

On Сер 19 Бер 2003 21:47, Pascal Poudrier wrote:
> Hi all, here's my problem.
>
> I tried to compile the source code of ap-utils on my remote pc but I don't
> have anything for compilation. I compiled it on my computer and upload the
> ap-config binary to the remote computer. It run !!
>
> When I try to search for Access Point, I get this error :
>
> "Can't set multicast membership to socket, Invalid sendto: Network is
> unreachable."
>
> I can ping my AP ( witch is connect directly to the remore computer with an
> X cable).
>
> I tried it on my PC with my Atmel AP and everything work fine.
You dont need multicast for find Atmel based APs - so just ignore this warning
message. Just set connect options (ip, password, type=ATMEL) and work with
your AP.

--
Roman Festchook
Network Engineer