[ap-utils] Micronet SP918+WEP KEY

Net Llama! ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:10:26 -0800

On 01/25/03 10:53, Johnny Brown wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> The zeros are a "design feature" of ap-config or ap-utils.  The WEP keys
> you enter are really accepted and written to the modem, permanently if
> you do an Upload from the Commands menu after setting them.  However,
> the new key values are not echoed to the user when you return to the
> Privacy settings under the Config menu.  This is supposedly a security
> feature of ap-config.
>
> IMHO - if the modem or AP administrator can set the key values, he or
> she should be able to SEE the key values.  However, that is an issue you
> will need to take up with Roman.  I'm not complaining, mind you, as I
> find the overall ap-utils package to be extremely useful.  Maybe just
> adding info to the man page about the zeros would be enough help for new
> users?

i agree 100% on this.  It would be useful feedback to see what you're
entering, or at least to had some kind of option that lets the user
decide if they wish to see what they're entering.

--
L. Friedman                       	       netllama@linux-sxs.org
Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo: 		    http://netllama.ipfox.com

  11:05am  up 11 days, 18:34,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.03