[ap-utils] Newbie question - apologies in advance

Roman Festchook ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:13:23 +0200

Hello!

On óÕ 22 ìÀÔ 2003 20:32, Richard Pollitt wrote:
>  I am trying to use ap-utils to configure a DLINK DWH-1000AP.  I have
> installed the binaries for Aix 4.3.  It was necessary to install ncurses.
> This question may be a simple ncurses question, but I have been unable to
> find any resources on the internet.  The ap-util program starts normally,
> however I cannot locate the navigation keys.  The cursor keys do not move
> the menu selection.  Neither do any control keys or function keys work
> either.  However, the program seems to work fine.  I can select the first
> item on each page and it seems to work.  I just cannot navigate around the
> screen.  Would anyone have any ideas on the problem?  It should be the
> latest version of ncurses.  Am I missing a library?  Do i need to configure
> a specific terminal (I have tried VT100, ANSI, dterm and a couple of others
> with no luck from the console and a telent session).  Thank you very much
> for the help!!!! -docfaust
Probably its ncurses and AIX issue - I'm not familiar with it - so I'm simple
add vi-like navigation keys to menu (try  to  use "h" to go left, "j" to go
down, "k" to go up, "l" to go right, like vi editor.) This feature added to
latest development release (1.3.2-pre1) that uploaded today to download
section at sourceforge http://ap-utils.polesye.net/?download - but this is
source - so you need to compile it by hand.
Hope it help!

--
Roman Festchook
Network Engineer