(RMC) Re: [AP-UTILS] ap-utils on macosx

Erik Rossen ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 21:15:22 +0200

--zCKi3GIZzVBPywwA

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 11:24:10AM -0700, Richard McDougall wrote:
> I believe this is an issue on all big-endian machines, including=20
> Solaris. I'll start to investigate what the issues are on both (there=20
> seems to be something up with the snmp write commands swapping bytes for=
=20
> configuration changes). Is anyone else on the list planning or already=20
> looking at these issues?

I was looking at endianness problems a while ago, but I just don't have
that much time.  The most that I can promise is that I will be a user of
ap-atmel.

One thing that struck me while I was browsing Roman's code is that the
WAP11 sometimes uses network byte order (big-endian) and sometimes uses
little-endian order.  Be careful about what you assume is right or wrong
when you examine the code - you might be surprised.

--=20
Erik Rossen                          ^    OpenPGP key: 2935D0B9
rossen@freesurf.ch                  /e\   "Use GnuPG, see the
http://people.linux-gull.ch/rossen  ---    black helicopters."

--zCKi3GIZzVBPywwA

--zCKi3GIZzVBPywwA--