[AP-UTILS] Question re: LinkSys Wireless Router

S. William Schulz ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:45:27 -0400

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 08:32:45PM +0300, Roman Festchook wrote:
> On ??? 12 ??? 2002 20:06, S. William Schulz wrote:
> > I have the LinkSys BEFW11S4 version 1. (router/wireless AP, 4pt switch).
> > Is this device not able to be controlled via this software?  I have it
> > Any ideas would be appreciated.  My ultimate goal is to monitor it with
> > mrtg and to be able to configure it from linux.
> I don't use this hardware from LinkSys but think that it not based on the same
> chipsed that WAP11 ver 1 and it's has different SNMP mib - so it probably
> cant be configured using current ap-utils version:(. If you give me mib file
> that comes with windows config utility I can said something more about
> support for this device. Also you may use this mib with net-snmp utils to
> config device from unix console.

Okay,

I will try to see if I can find where I stored that disk (if I received
one).   I've had this device for awhile, and always used a web browser
to configure it.

I've also inquired with LinkSys regarding it's ability to be monitored
via snmp (other than via traps).

Thanks,

ss