[AP-UTILS] Question re: LinkSys Wireless Router

S. William Schulz ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:06:37 -0400

Hello,

I just downloaded and compiled this utils without problem.  I then run
them and attempt to log into the router/AP without success.  I receive
errors that it is not able to get data from the AP.

I have the LinkSys BEFW11S4 version 1. (router/wireless AP, 4pt switch).
Is this device not able to be controlled via this software?  I have it
configured (for the moment) with the default password (admin) and
therefore use 10.10.2.1 and admin in the setup.

I've also tried using the Net-SNMP utils to read data from it:

  snmpwalk 10.10.2.1 public|linksys|private system but I am also unable
to connect.

Running snmptrapd -P shows all the traps on STDOUT though.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  My ultimate goal is to monitor it with
mrtg and to be able to configure it from linux.

Thanks,

ss