[ap-utils] smartBridges airBridge Outdoor

Nikhil Goel ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:19:48 +0800

Hi Alvin,

I just  tried the latest ap-utils ( 1,.3.1pre2 ) with an abOutdoor and changing
the IP works smoothly.

Here is what I did

1) config->Bridging->I/N/G changes according to my desired network setting.
  I changed from 192.168.0.22/255.255.255.0/0.0.0.0 to
123.45.67.89/255.255.255.0/123.45.67.1. Though ofcourse the gateway is
redundant. Then ofcourse "W" to write the configuration.

2) As a safety measure ( ducking now! ) I also did Commands->Upload, to save the
current configuration.

3) Then I changed the network card IP of my PC from 192.168.0.xx to bring it
into the same network as the aBO i.e. 123.45.67.xx.

and it works.

Please let me know if the same steps also don't work for you.

Regards,
nikhil.

--
Nikhil Goel
smartBridges Pte Ltd.
745 Toa Payoh, Lor 5 #04-01, Singapore 319455
Tel: +65-62528100 Fax: +65-63535564 Web: http://www.smartbridges.com/
XXI:
	It's easy to get a loan unless you need it.
XXII:
	If stock market experts were so expert, they would be buying stock,
	not selling advice.
XXIII:
	Any task can be completed in only one-third more time than is
	currently estimated.
XXIV:
	The only thing more costly than stretching the schedule of an
	established project is accelerating it, which is itself the most
	costly action known to man.
XXV:
	A revised schedule is to business what a new season is to an athlete
	or a new canvas to an artist.
		-- Norman Augustine