[ap-utils] RSSI/LQ

Homer Parker hparker at pcsrvc.com
Fri Feb 27 05:06:52 EET 2004

	I'm seeing quite a bit of difference between the RSSI/LQ in ap-utils and
that shown in simpleMonitor that comes with the smartBridges APPO. The
stats show in ap-utils is quite a bit higher. IE:

ap-utils	LQ	RSSI
1 0050FCA5794E	82%	-84dBm

simplemonitor
1 0050FCA5794E	60%	27%(-72dBm)

	These were taken at the same time with simpleMonitor running in VMWare
and ap-utils 1.4 in Fedora FC1. The higher readings seem to be a lot
closer to each other.

---
Homer Parker

LAN/WAN, Wireless Networking, PC Sales/Service
Linux, OS/2 and Windows Support

PC Services		785.483.7602
129 W 8th #101		hparker at pcsrvc.com
Russell, KS 67665	http://www.pcsrvc.com

"So for the IT Manager Role, you want someone who's absolute crap, looks
reasonable on paper, and won't cause too much trouble. ...  Well I don't
have any MCSEs on my books at the moment, but I could call around."
 -- Simon Travaglia