[ap-utils] Solaris build problems

Roman Festchook roma at polesye.net
Thu Feb 26 22:20:07 EET 2004

On Wednesday 25 February 2004 07:52, Daniel E. Eisenbud wrote:
> The build host is sparc-sun-solaris2.9
> Tested.  This required replacing #include <ncurses.h> with
> #include <curses.h> in lots of files (I think most if not all linux has
> curses.h as a symlink to ncurses.h or vice versa) and -lncurses with
> -lcurses (also probably symlinked on linux.)  Additionally, I had to
> link with "-lresolv -lnls".  And the last change was that I needed
> #include <sys/sockio.h> in lib/ap_search.c.
Thank you for argumented suggections and help in porting - now support for
Solaris with SysV curses added into package. As usual need your help in
testing:
http://ap-utils.polesye.net/files/ap-utils-latest.tar.bz2

> One last thing: a few files have double sets of includes.  Just grepping
> for ncurses.h will reveal some of them, that have it twice, but there
> might be even more.
After adding support for curses I see them to:) - and fix it

Have Fun!

--
Roman Festchook
Network Engineer