[ap-utils] DWL-1000AP+

Papp Márton pm333 at hszk.bme.hu
Mon Apr 19 19:12:13 EEST 2004

I see. Since it is not supported by ap-utils, my next question doesn't
really belong here, still, i'm asking it, maybe someone can tell me
where to find the answer.

So.

The DWL-AP1000+ I'm using is the only wireless ap on the lan. It has
some leds for indicating network traffic. But even if there's nothing
really going on on the network, the leds are blinking a few times in
every seconds. I found that the AP is broadcasting UDP packets on the
network to all hosts to port number 2313. This port is used by the IAPP
(Inter Access Point Protocol). I guess that the AP is searching for
other AP's on the network to cooperate with. But it won't find any,
since there aren't any. Only this one. So I think brodcasting packets to
all hosts on the network is pointless. It's not really a big problem to
me, I'm just curious if there is any way to tell the AP to stop sending
those packets?

iptraf says in every second:

UDP (76 bytes) from 10.0.0.50:2313 to 255.255.255.255:2313 on eth0

Where 10.0.0.50 is the ip adress of the AP.

Marci