[ap-utils] ME102 Radio Configuration

Ritter Gernot linux at gernotritter.com
Fri Apr 2 14:23:01 EEST 2004

hi everybody,

I've got a pair of ME102 and am desperately trying to connect over a 500
Meter-free-sight-distance since 2 months now.
A sticker on the bottom of the APs says "Rev.B" and when opening the case
there's another sticker "Rev.0".

With ap-utils 1.3.4pre1 the "radio configuration" was accessible, but since I
tried version 1.4 today, it's not working anymore.

Is there some hardware issue about that me102 that i missed ?

I have not the equipment to test the ap thoroughly whether the two antennas
are both receive and send or not. I could turn off one of the antennas of the
ap back with version 1.3.4pre1 but since nothin's working here but under a
distance of 200 Meters I assume that either the setting did not apply or
there's some limitation in the hardware that makes external antennas
unuseable.

I even attached professional antennas (high gain priced >100Euros)  - no
success.

Can anybody confirm this ?
(...last thing for me to do: throw them shit**y aps out the window !!!)

Anybody any idea ? Please help !

Thanks in advance
Gernot Ritter

--
Suddenly I began to feel the acute depression that steals
over every realist in the presence of an optimist.