[ap-utils] Adding a new AP?

dsg at puscii.nl dsg at puscii.nl
Sun Nov 30 00:46:03 EET 2003

Hi. I just bought a new AP (Compaq WL-310, based on a Lucent chipset).

This AP is controlled through SNMP (there is no other method). I wanted
to know if anybody had any pointers on adding a new AP into ap-utils.
I've never played around with SNMP before, but I've done a bit of C
programming, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Anyway, I guess my question is where to begin? The autodetection in
ap-utils tells me "NWN" is the appropriate MIB, but it doesn't actually
work (I get errors reading/writing anything). I can post an output of
snmpwalk if anyone's interested.

Thanks.

--
David S. Geirsson