[ap-utils] SNMP questions

Jack Coates ap-utils@lists.polesye.net
30 Jun 2003 23:21:03 -0700

Hi,

I have a D-Link AP-1000 and have been trying to extend Net-SNMP on a
Mandrake Linux 9.1 box with the MIBs from
http://ap-utils.polesye.net/?mib so that MRTG can use them.

After reading the Net-SNMP pages, I've copied the three NWN MIBs into
the MIB directory (/usr/share/snmp/mibs), made them executable to match
ownership and permissions of what was already there, and added mibs +ALL
to /etc/snmp/snmp.conf.

Unfortunately, none of the snmp tools will parse the new MIBs, all throw
this error:
Expected "(" (_): At line 1834 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/Dot11Mib.mib
Should be ACCESS (only): At line 1834 in
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/Dot11Mib.mib
Bad parse of OBJECT-TYPE: At line 1834 in
/usr/share/snmp/mibs/Dot11Mib.mib

In that section (dot11CurrentCCAMode) I've changed
	SYNTAX INTEGER {ed_only(1), cs_only(2), ed_and_cs(4)}
        SYNTAX INTEGER (1..7)

which matches the dot11CCAModeSupported section just ahead of it -- it
now works without errors and snmptranslate sees the new MIBs, but
snmpwalk doesn't. I can use a given MIB with snmpwalk with -m, but it
only reports in numeric OID mode so I still can't figure out which OID
I'm looking for.

Any ideas what I'm missing?
--
Jack Coates