[ap-utils] FW: smartBridges with MRTG????

Mark P. Sullivan ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:03:05 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark P. Sullivan [mailto:ceo@thewirefree.net]
Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 11:58 PM
To: 'nikhil@smartbridges.com'
Subject: FW: smartBridges with MRTG????

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark P. Sullivan [mailto:ceo@thewirefree.net]
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 6:00 PM
To: 'Naveen Chhangani'
Subject: smartBridges with MRTG????

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark P. Sullivan [mailto:ceo@thewirefree.net]
Sent: Saturday, January 18, 2003 3:44 PM
To: 'Naveen'; 'dilish@smartbridges.com'
Cc: 'support@smartbridges.com'

I am attempting to use MRTG on a windows machine.  I am using MRTG for
windows, ver 2.9.25.

I am unable to connect to any smartBridges devices using MRTG or
SolarWinds or ANY SNMP program except for your software (simpleMonitor).
I am thinking that there is some proprietary method for connecting via
SNMP??

I was sniffing traffic when I connected using simpleMonitor, and I
noticed that the SNMP traffic leaves on a random port in the 3000's with
a destination of port 161.  Not sure if this is of any help?

I noticed an article on the web, posted by a smartBridges employee with
regards to MRTG.  His name is: Nikhil Goel.  Maybe he can help??

All I need is the specifics on how your software/hardware communicates
via SNMP.  It does not appear to be normal.

If you know ANYONE who has been able to get MRTG to work with
smartBridges, please let me know.  I prefer to do it with Windows and
NOT linux.  But if I have to use the linux version, I will.

Thanks!!
Mark