[ap-utils] Level One WAP-0001 not working with ap-utils?

Net Llama! ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:15:18 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Thomas Rother wrote:
> Hi,
> as I understand, ap-utils is developed for a certain type of access
> points using Acmel chipsets. I would like to use it with a Level One
> Acess Point, WAP-0001, which works with a chipset from Prism/Intersil (I
> don't know, i can only guess from the kernel messages generated by other
> WLAN products of the same brand). The current ap-utils version does not
> detect this AP, although it ork with snmp, like others. Is there a
> chance that future versions of ap-utils will detect such APs too?

I'll let Roman field this, since he's the guy writing the code.

> Second question (may be off-topic, sorry!):
> I have a USB device, Level One USB WLAN, Vendor-ID 0x967, Product-ID
> 0x204. This one s not detected by the kernel (Message "...is not claimed
> by any active driver"). I tested the orinoco.o and prism2_usb.o and some
> tother kernel modules, without success. Is there a strategy how I can
> get more "enduser info" how to set up this device under Linux?

I'd imagine that you need USB support first, and then a specific module(s)
for the device.  Is 'Level One' the brand?

--
Lonni J Friedman				netllama@linux-sxs.org
Linux Step-by-step & TyGeMo		     http://netllama.ipfox.com