[ap-utils] linksys WAP11 huge errors report

Nikolay Datchev ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:29:29 +0200 (EET)

Alas, they are in heavy production, and getting them down even for
small amount of time for testing will cost a lot. Don't ask me why i'm
using such devices for such purposes, i'm not 'the guy with the money'.

Info from linksys: channels 1, 6 and 11 are the best choise - least
affected by interference and noises. I'm using channel 6 from the
beggining, and normally i'm getting about > 3 Mbps throughput, but... this
'lot-of-small-UDP' application really brings the performance down.  And
this UDP traffic is two-way. I'm wondering what will happen if i'm using
two different antennas for tx/rx, even being on one channel.

-- Nikolay Datchev