[ap-utils] Question...

Shawn Mitchell ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:23:11 -0600

Thanks.. that is what I was looking for exactly...  the nice thing is that
it's smartbridge ap's that I'm wanting to track everything on.. and I was
trying to decode the hex via perl's pack/unpack, but I didn't know the data
lengths...

In the script it tells the elements order, and their length...  Which it
looks like is 4 bytes per field on each one...

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Nikhil Goel [mailto:nikhil.goel@smartbridges.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 11:07 PM
To: shawnm@iodamedia.net
Cc: ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Subject: Re: [ap-utils] Question...

Hi Shawn,

To anwer your original question partially,  the data is returned as
HEX-String in octets mostly, depending on the MIB.

The ap-utils uses the swap4 macro for processing in lib/ap-utils.h and
src/ap-mrtg.c for this. You may want to check the source code.

If perl is acceptable to you, there is a simple script available at
http://sg.smartbridges.com/helper/ inside sb-mrtg script set which could
probably explain to you one of the quick and dirty methods of getting
the respective values.

Regards,

Nikhil.