[ap-utils] ME102 access problem

John Waters john at greybox.uklinux.net
Sun Aug 10 20:42:14 EEST 2003

I recently purchased an ME102 AP (on eBay) as I know from one of my neighbours that it can be configured with ap-config. However, I haven't been able to get ap-config to recognize it.

I used someone else's Win2K machine to configure its IP to suit my home subnet (Class B), passwords, ESSID, etc., and I can ping it successfully at the address I gave it. It also works correctly as an AP (i.e. I have no problem accessing my network wirelessly through it).

Unfortunately ap-config can nether read from it nor write to it, although I can see from tethereal (running in another terminal) that SNMP requests are getting responses.

Whatever I try from within ap-config, I get the response "Unable to retrieve data from AP."

Any suggestions?

John :)

(: John Waters :)
	john at greybox.uklinux.net