[ap-utils] dwl-900 "scan for ap's" causes failure?

ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
31 Dec 2002 08:57:07 -0500

ap-utils-admin@kiev.iorta.com writes:

> Using ap-atmel 1.1 (debian package), I tried to do /Info/KnownAPs, and
> got a warning about resetting the device, let it go anyway, and now
> the box doesn't try to DHCP (nor does it ping on the address it had
> before, and /Search doesn't find it.)
>
> Anyone seen this before? 1.3 doesn't talk to it either, but I assume
> that's because the device is already wedged.  Powercycling hasn't
> helped; my next step is to dig up a windows box to try the USB
> software, which supposedly is where the "factory reset" is hiding - is
> there really no reset button on this box?

No. It's switched to USB-only config by now. When I fell for this myself
the D-LINK phone rep was less then helpful ("turn it around, see if there's
a reset hole on the back"). IIRC they did offer to send me a replacement
but since I had a Windows machine around I used their utility instead
of shipping the unit back. Just install it, plug a USB cable, and switch
it back to ethernet configuration.

ap-confg should probably contain a (stronger) warning about this.

--

  Dan Pelleg