[AP-UTILS] Bus Error on Linux/Sparc

Roman Festchook ap-utils@kiev.iorta.com
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 17:02:21 +0300

On óÅÒ 31 ìÉÐ 2002 15:36, Erik Rossen wrote:
> The problem seems to be coming from the fact that raw structs are being
> used to unpack information coming from SNMP requests.  One of the hard
> lessons to learn in C is *never* use structs to unpack a data stream -
> always parse it piece-by-piece, even if it is painfully unelegant.  This
> is also necessary for taking care of endianess conversion.
I rewrote code to do not use structures for unpack data comming from AP. Hope
this fix problems with nonintel architectures. Latest tarball accesible at
web site:  http://ap-utils.polesye.net/files/ap-utils-1.0.3-020802.tar.bz2.
Please test and report about success or fail.

> This software will probably never reliably work on any architecture
> except i386 until it is re-written to not use structs for unpacking.  I
I think its done - wait for your test.

> feel sorry for the guy who posted an ITP on debian-devel: he has a lot
> of work in front of him.
What you mean?

--
Roman Festchook